A proof copy of Thomas Pennant, Outlines of the Globe, Vol. III. The View of India Extra Gangem, China, and Japan (London, 1800), edited by David Pennant and containing many additions, corrections and annotations by him, none apparently incorporated in the published work. These range from the purely textual to those providing additional information gleaned from other sources. Notes and other material relating to the text found loose inside have been tipped in between the relevant pages or at the end of the volume. Included is a letter, 1785, to Thomas Pennant from the botanist William Hudson.
Additions to Pennant's Outlines of the Globe,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 23414E.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004650755
- Dates of Creation1785, 1800 /
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Descriptioni, 156 ff. (paginated 1-279 with insertions) ; 305 x 245 mm. Marbled paper covers, spine wanting, repaired at NLW.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23414E.
Other Finding Aids
The contents of NLW MSS 22853-23691 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 9 (Aberystwyth, 2003).