Comprises the fifth edition of Waller's poetry with 10 English poems by him added at the beginning and end.
Ten manuscript poems by Edmund Waller written into a copy of the 1686 edition of his Poems, etc.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 94
- Dates of Creationca. 1690
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. ([viii], 301, pp.), printed book, with 4pp. of manuscript poetry at the beginning and 5pp. at the end written on both sets of endpapers. The manuscript poetry is written in a single hand, probably ca. 1690. Bound in leather with some gilt tooling on the spine and also the words WALLERS POEMS embossed on it. On the outside front cover there is an armorial bookplate in the shape of a diamond with the names Elianore Mary printed on it, presumably a note of ownership.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edmund Waller (1606-1687), the poet. For a fuller account of his life and writings see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Christie's on 11 November 1992.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt94