The reports contain detailed information regarding the progress of co-operation across the islands of Mauritius and Rodrigues for the stated period and are particularly rich with statistical data. At the beginning of the reports an historical background of the co-operative movement is often included. Further details regarding staffing, visits from dignitaries and fellow co-operators are present along with the details of any overseas training courses attended by staff members. Initially compiled under the auspices of being part of the Department of Agriculture, following the creation of a Department of Co-operation and the employment of a full time Registrar of Co-operative Societies from 1st July 1947 the reports were from that point collated independently.
Annual Reports of the Department of Co-operation
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-shic/shic/1/33/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 SHIC/1/33/1
- Dates of Creation1947-1978
- Physical Description20 items