- Assessment Report on Banso District, Cameroons Province, including details of the number of inhabitants, tax paid, administration, etc. (1922), by Hawkesworth.
- Re-assessment Report on Banso District, Cameroons Province, including details of numbers of inhabitants, tax paid, administration, etc. (1934), by Bridges.
- Report on Banso affairs, Cameroons Province (1938), by Harcourt.
Reports by Sir E.G. Hawkesworth, W.M. Bridges and H.N. Harcourt
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Edward Gerald Hawkesworth (b 1897), William Maclaren Bridges (b 1898) and Henry Newton Harcourt (b 1906) were Colonial Administrators in Nigeria.
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Marion Lowman, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Administrative/Biographical History compiled with reference to A Biographical Dictionary of the British Colonial Service 1939-1966 by A.H.M. Kirk-Greene (1991).
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Listed as nos. 1301, 1336 and 1339 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.