Seven exercise books containing manuscript accounts, in ink and biro, written in the form of 'prison diaries'. These are actually later accounts based on Gliddon's earlier original diaries, notes and first draft autobiographical account. Revisions have been written on separate bits of paper and pasted over original text. The volumes contain notes in preparation for a typist.
Covers topics such as: fellow suffragette inmates (including Mrs Pankhurst, Constance Moore, Phyllis Keller, Jane Lomax, Louisa Garrett Anderson, Joan Wilson, Mrs Saul Solomon), descriptions of 'ordinary prisoners' [non-suffrage], games and exercise in the yard, visits to Chapel, the warders, food, her cell.
For the most complete 'story' of Gliddon's arrest and imprisonment see her full draft autobiographical account (Ref: 7KGG/1/4).
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'Mar 11', ink, entries 11 Mar - 13 Mar 1912
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'Mar 19', ink, entries 19 Mar - 20 Mar 1912
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'Mar 21-29', ink, entries 21 Mar - 29 Mar 1912, the entry for 21 Mar is loose. Inserted in the front of the volume, in Gliddon's writing, are three sheets: a title page, 'Holloway Prison 1912. Katie Gliddon'; a dedication page, 'To the memory of Helen Margaret Spanton. Born at Bury St Edmunds. Died at Blackheath'; another title page, 'A First Term's Work in Watercolour. Katie Gliddon', with notes 'kindly type in capitals' and 'This in case I send a technical book in as well as the diary'.
* Lion Brand exercise book, ink and biro, entries 30 Mar - 31 Mar 1912
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'Apr 1', ink and biro, entries 1 Apr - 3 Apr 1912
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'For Anne', ink and biro, entries 4 Apr - 8 Apr 1912. Several of the entries are short.
* Lion Brand exercise book, labelled 'For Anne, 9-16 April', ink, entries 9 Apr - 16 Apr 1912.