An account of a tour though central England, North Wales and the Lake District in 1812, probably undertaken by Henrietta Hurrell. She began her journey at Melton in Suffolk on 14 May and returned home on 30 June. The author provides a detailed description of her travels through Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Denbighshire, Merionethshire, Caernarvonshire, Flintshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Westmorland and Cumberland, returning through Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
A Journey through England and Wales
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb133-engms421
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 421
- Dates of Creation1812
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description186 x 112 mm. 1 volume (129 + iv folios); Condition: some water damage.
- LocationCollection available at John Rylands Library, Deansgate.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Donated to the John Rylands Library by Mrs [F.] Andrews in May 1927.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan and Jo Humpleby, project archivists.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 421).
Inscribed inside the front cover: Given to Mrs Harriet Tweedale by her affectionate aunt, Henrietta Hurrell, July 25th 1855.