Consists of leaflets, instruction booklets and parts lists for different types of grass cutters, mowers, motor scythes, rotary grass cutters, self propelled scythes and sickle mowers 1940's-1971; house journals The Hayter Paper 1969-1971; photographs of mowers 1969-1971
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Premises located at Spellbrook, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
- TR HAY/P2/A1-143 Individual Advertising and Servicing Publications
- TR HAY/P2/A1-3 Hayters (Exports) Ltd., London E.C.2.
- TR HAY/P2/A4-113 Hayters Ltd., Bishop's Stortford
- TR HAY/P2/A114-142 Hayters (Sales) Ltd., Bishop's Stortford
- TR HAY/P2/A143 I.S. Ludol, Copenhagen
- TR HAY/P2/B 1-16 Individual Advertising and Servicing Publications. Other Firms
- TR HAY/P4/1-3 House Journal. Hayters Ltd.
- TR HAY/PH3/1-22 Individual Photographic Prints. Hayters Ltd.
- TR HAY/PH3/1-17 Motor Mowers
- TR HAY/PH3/18-20 Tractor Mowers
- TR HAY/PH3/21 Gang Mowers
- TR HAY/PH3/22 Power Arm Cutter
Available for consultation
Material deposited as a gift November 1971 T71/8
Compiled by Zoe Watson, March 2004
Other Finding Aids
A detailed catalogue is available at the Museum of English Rural Life
Conditions Governing Use
Please contact the Archivist