Photographs of Melville family members, associates and of theatres linked to the Melvilles.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1089 UKC/MEL/PHO
- Dates of Creationc 1856-1968
- Physical Description3 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Four generations of Melvilles were involved in the theatre, including all of Andrew Melville I's eight children. For publicity and personal reasons, there are numerous photographs of members of the Melville family, and their associates, on and off stage. The Melvilles also kept photographs of theatres with which they were involved.
This section is split into two parts:
- UKC/MEL/PHO/THEATRES : photographs of theatres
- UKC/MEL/PHO/PEOPLE : photographs of the Melville family and their associates