Army publication giving currency and weight conversions and Hindustani translations (nd); Press cutting 'Territorial's Voyage to India' by Charles Pearce (nd); Typescript recollections 'Torpedoed in the Mediterranean' relating to his brother Sergeant (later Major) James Pearce's experience on the SS Aragon (nd); Concert programme (nd); Approval for leave (June 1918); Temporary identity certificate (nd); Diary notebook (nd); Photograph album (nd); 21 photographs and postcards (1913-1917, nd).
Charles Pearce papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 30
- Dates of Creation1913-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, a press cutting, and printed material.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Charles Pearce was a Sergeant, 1/4th Battalion, Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, serving at Bareilly in India and also at Aden.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs Patricia Pearce (widow). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available