Collection of ca. 60 deeds (some with armorial seals) and related items, 1546-1796, chiefly relating to County Durham but also including a few Yorkshire items and one item relating to Bedfordshire. The contents of the collection are at present arranged in the following groups:
- SGD 14/1:- ca.31 deeds relating chiefly to land and tithes in the Shipley area of South Bedburn township in Hamsterley chapelry and Auckland St Andrew parish, County Durham, 1546-1795. A deed of 1557 refers to Ann Neville, widow, of Headlam, County Durham and Sir George Conyers of Sockburn, County Durham. Various other owners occur, including, between 1625 and 1755, the Atkinson family. A deed of 1784 also includes reference to Pelton in Chester-le-Street parish, County Durham and Billy Row in Brancepeth parish, County Durham.
- SGD 14/2:- Four deeds concerning Crook and Billy Row in Brancepeth parish, County Durham, 1618-1724, with a related testamentary account concerning the estate of the late Thomas Hopper, 1709.
- SGD 14/3:- Six miscellaneous County Durham deeds relating to: North Auckland, 1566; Dalton Piercy, 1652; Chopwell in Ryton parish and Medomsley, 1673; various properties, 1687 (exemplification of recovery, Durham Court of Pleas, Dashwood etc.); Ebchester, 1725; and Derwentcote and Colt Park, 1743.
- SGD 14/4:- Folder containing five miscellaneous paper documents: copy of part of the will of John Hutchinson of Durham City made 1703; assignment by Henry Atkinson of Shipley, County Durham, 1705; bond and account (Jane Swallwell, Edward Miller and John Miller of Durham City), 1725; receipted bond (Randolph Greenway of London), 1726-1732; and Greatham, County Durham mortgage, 1743.
- SGD 14/5:- Seven deeds etc. relating to premises at Seaton Carew in Stranton parish, County Durham, 1720-1774.
- SGD 14/6:- Five miscellaneous Yorkshire deeds relating to: Dunsley in Whitby parish, 1675; Crayke (then in County Durham), 1676; East Cowton alias Long Cowton, 1725; Dalton in Croft parish, 1750; and Newsham Pasture etc. [in Kirby Ravensworth alias Kirby Hill parish], 1796. The 1725 and 1750 deeds involve Dr John Johnson, canon of Durham.
- SGD 14/7:- Exemplification of recovery (Jones versus Coningsby) relating to Beeston, Broom, Caldecote, Ickwell, Northill, Southill and Warden, [all in the region of Biggleswade], Bedfordshire, 1724.