The collection consists of papers relating to Monckton's various positions, including a section of papers concerning India.
Papers of Walter Turner Monckton, 1st Viscount Monckton of Brenchley (1891-1965)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3107 GB 161 Dep. Monckton 1-63; Dep. Monckton Trustees 1-89
- Dates of Creation1887-1964
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description152 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter Turner Monckton, 1st Viscount Monckton of Brenchley (1891-1965) was a lawyer and politician. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1974.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.