1. Two employment references: from Loretto, Musselburgh (10 June 1930), and from Scarborough High School (18 May 1931).
2. Typed information concerning Upward's parents; a typed biographical summary, prepared on the occasion of Upward's 90th birthday (1993); an outline of Upward's life (to 1949) in Upward's hand (2 sheets); 'Answers to questions from David Lambourne' (20 answers, in Upward's hand, 6 sheets).
3. Two items relating to the Isle of Wight: a poster (50 x 38 mm, folded) advertising a 'Bazaar in Aid of Freedom from Hunger' to be held The Lectue Hall, Newport, 10 November , 'to be opened by Edward Upward (Author)'; folding Programme card (1977-78) for the Isle of Wight Writers's Circle, including 'Question-time for Writers' (Upward), 4 February 1978.
4. Three booklets from Repton School, each containing items about Upward: 'Terminal Letter No. 236' (May 1970); 'Terminal Letter No. 237' (October 1970); 'Terminal Letter No. 252' (May 1978).
5. 'Letter of the Corpus Association', No. 57 (Michaelmas 1978), listing The Spiral Ascent (p. 44).