The following information is provided on the plan: dates collieries abandoned/ceased production, overflow points, boreholes, pumping levels, quantity, shafts filled and water pumped. Collieries highlighted on the plan, Ogilvie, Elliot, Groesfaen, Bargoed, Britannia, Taff Merthyr and Deep Navigation workings. Scale Six inches: 1 mile.
Rhymney Valley: Workings in the Lower Four Feet Seam, Various Collieries
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 214 DNCB/6/14/2/11/8
- Dates of Creation[1970s-1980s]
- Physical Description1 plan
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ordnance Survey, Monmouthshire Sheets: 17NW, 17SW, 22NW, 22NE, 22SE and Glamorgan Sheets 20NW, 20SW, 19NE, 19SE NCB Areas No.4 and No.6.
Original reference: DNCB/73/35/11