File containing legal documents relating to Phoenix Briquetting Work, Port Talbot. The file includes:
1. A release of covenant between the National Coal Board and the Great Western Railway Company, 6 Jun 1947
2. A schedule of documents concerning the briquette works, sent to W. H. F. Barklam, Solicitor, National Coal Board by Powell Duffryn, 28 Feb 1947 [documents numbered 2, 3 and 4 on the schedule are within the file and are listed below]
3. Licence to assign premises, The Great Western Railway Company to Phoenix Patent Fuel Limited, 5 Nov 1926, with lease attached relating to amalgamation and new combine Messrs Gueret, Llewellyn and Merrett Ltd. [item 2 on the above schedule]
4. Lease of Land at Margam on which Patent Fuel Works are to be erected, The Port Talbot Railway and Docks Company to The Crown Preserved Fuel Company Ltd., 16 Apr 1900 [item 3 on the above schedule]
5. Transcript of Judgement, The Port Talbot Railway and Docks Company versus The Crown Preserved Coal Co. Ltd., 27 Jan 1903 [item 4 on above schedule].