Pamphlet with speech of Lady Aberdare, 11 October 1887 (nd); Field Service Regulations book (1909); 22 photographs (1915, nd); Letter, with photograph (3 January 1938); Christmas card (nd); Infantry Training book (1914); Booklet "A Faith for the Firing Line", presented by the author, E.A. Burroughs, in August 1915 (May 1915); Publication "Salonika Memories, 1915-1919", a souvenir compilation from past issues of "The Mosquito" (May 1969).
Charles Manning papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 040
- Dates of Creation1909-1969
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, photographs, and printed material. Includes a Christmas card.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Charles Anthony Woodward Manning was a Lieutenant, 7th Battalion, Oxford and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, serving in Salonika. He later became a Professor.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available