Two volumes of contemporary copies, in the same hand, of letters from Henry St. John, Secretary of State, to Charles Boyle, 4th Earl of Orrery, envoy to the Netherlands.
Contemporary Copies of Letters of Henry St. John, Secretary of State
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.e.4;eng.misc.e.180
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. e. 4; Eng. misc. e. 180
- Dates of Creation1709-11
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Henry St. John, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke (1678-1751) was Secretary of State. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were purchased in 1927 and 1933.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41796-7.