The collection contains the records of the Cardiff Trades Union Council including:
- the Constitution
- minutes of the Council and Executive Committee from 1941-1981
- correspondence with affiliated trade unions, 1975-1984
- general correspondence, 1961-1988
- 'special' correspondence and papers relating to (inter alia) East Moors Steelworks, South Glamorgan District Manpower Committee, National Health Service, the Miners' strike 1984-1985
- TUC literature
- Wales TUC Annual Conferences
- papers of P.L. 'Charlie' Swain, Secretary of CTUC
- TUC Education Advisory Committee for Wales.
Printed booklets, committee papers, manuscript notes, letters, pamphlets, ballot papers, address books, receipt books, journal issues, pressure-group newsletters, reports, newspaper cuttings, flyers.
The Cardiff Trades Council was known by that name before January 1972 and as Cardiff Trades Union Council since that date.