The file consists of copies of letters sent to editors of U.S. newspapers between July 1917 and July 1918 by Ida Husted Harper, Chairman of the Department of Editorial Correspondence of the Leslie Woman Suffrage Commission, Inc (L.W.S.C.). The letters usually point out errors of fact or interpretation which have appeared in articles relating to the women's suffrage movement. The file includes a [draft?] leaflet which outlines thedifficulties faced in trying to amend state constitutions to support the federal suffrage amendment.
File: U.S.A.: Leslie Woman Suffrage Commission Letters
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 IWSA/3/155
- Dates of Creation1917-1918
- Physical Description37 pieces.