The collection contains the following writing in Gen. 2186/1-2:
In Box 1 there are files of early essays mostly on Hugh MacDiarmid and Scottish writing, both titled and untitled, one or two of which became longer pieces later on, including: The voice of MacDiarmid, Political poet, Literary masks, Universal poet, and The predicament of the Scottish writer today. Also: a sketch of MacDiarmid by Glen; material highlighting the need for publication Akros and a mock-up of an issue of the journal; piece entitled The conversion of C.M. Grieve. From Poet to makar; Scotland's public enemy no.1; and High Macdiarmid: Poet and prophet. Box 1 also contains: a 2nd copy of a final typed script (as read by Grieve, January 1964) on Hugh MacDiarmid; and, a 3rd copy (not fully corrected) of MacDiarmid typescript entitled Hugh MacDiarmid and the Scottish renaissance.
In Box 2 there are files of essays and review articles (drafts and final) on MacDiarmid and Scottish writing, including: The complete poems of Hugh MacDiarmid, Lines of communication with Hugh MacDiarmid, and For the purposes of literature. Also, Fifteen years of Duncan Glen / Akros Publications 1962-1977 which includes a checklist of Akros publications. The Box also contains examples of graphic work and page set-up for Glen publications. There are manuscript essays or articles, including The individual and the twentieth century Scottish literary tradition, and working memoriam material in both typescript and manuscript, being a sequence of poems, In memoriam Hugh MacDiarmid. The Box also contains material relating to an interview between Glen and MacDiarmid in 1968, a piece entitled Hugh MacDiarmid: Supporting roles, material for MacDiarmid's 75th birthday being MacDiarmid - a specially commissioned poem by Sydney Goodsir Smith. A poet from the muckle toon which was to be radio-broadcast on Friday 11 August 1967 on the then BBC Scottish Home Service, and also some assorted and miscellaneous papers.
In E2006.19 there is:
- Illustrated talk on printing and poetry in Scotland, given to the Robert Henryson Society, in Dunfermline, October 2002
- Copies of pages from Sicilian newspaper Trapana Nuova with article by Nat Scammacca on Scottish poetry (undated)
- Page of Trapana Nuova, 9-16 July 1974, with article on Akros, Scottish poetry anthology
- Copy of page from La Sicilia, 4 June 1976, with article entitled 'Gemellaggio poetico Sicilia-Scozia' by L.S.
- Page of Trapana Nuova, 27 September 1984, with poem by Glen
- Page with signatures including that of Duncan Glen and Hugh MacDiarmid