Quittance book in numerous hands recording payments of rent and other dues, 1665-ca.1713, kept mainly by Thomas de Garis of Guernsey.
Quittance book recording payments of rent and other dues, 1665-ca.1713, kept mainly by Thomas de Garis of Guernsey
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 MS 602
- Dates of Creation1665-ca.1713
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialGuernsey French
- Physical Description1 vol. (60 ff.) Written in numerous hands. Entry for 1713 on f.58r. Text on ff.50-54, 55v-56r, and 59v is inverted. Lower part of f.45 missing.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The de Garis family owned property in the parish of Castel, the largest in area of the ten Guernsey parishes. A record of a "Thomas de Garis et sa femme Marie Blondel" appears in the Castel parish register for 1687.
Access is unrestricted
Presented by the widow of Prof. J. H. Le Patourel, November 1981
In Guernsey French
Given to Prof. J. H. Le Patourel by Advocate J. E. L. Martel, April 1952