Travel journals of John Parkinson in Switzerland, the West of England, the Netherlands, and on a 'Northern Tour', through Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Russia, Austria and Germany.
Travel Journals of John Parkinson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.d.2255-62,d.2296-7,e.2422-4
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. d. 2255-62, d. 2296-7, e. 2422-4
- Dates of Creation1780-94
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description13 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Parkinson (1754-1840) was a traveller.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The journals were bought and given, partly by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1990, and partly by the Canadian Friends of the Bodleian in 1991.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The journals were owned by Mrs Robinson
Parts of the Russian journals were printed in John Parkinson, A Tour of Russia, Siberia and the Crimea 1792-1794, ed. William Collier (London, 1971).