This series contains correspondence concerning the operation and management of the stores and the ordering and dispensing of equipment. Some files are concerned with the testing of materials, standardisation and rationalisation due to World War II. Also includes correspondence and forms concerning supplies such as gas and electricity for various garages and tram depots.This series was used and maintained mainly by the Chief Stores Superintendent, the Stores Superintendent, the Chief Supplies Officer and their assistants. During his time in the Stores Mr A B B Valentine also collected papers as Commercial Officer and Operating Manager (Railways), which also appear in the files.
London Passenger Transport Board (LPTB): Chief Stores Superintendent: Correspondence
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2856 (NEW)LT000354
- Former ReferenceGB 2856 LN000165 LN000183 LN000212 LN000336 LN000337 Part2/3/17/Series1 S2001/12 LN000198 S94-184 LN1999/007
- Dates of Creation1929-1947
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description73 bundles and folders
Scope and Content
Early correspondence appears to have been controlled by a registry system. In about 1938 the files were re-organised, and a new file numbering sequence was imposed, consisting of a running sequence with a 'V' prefix.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
stains physical chemical