Production documentation represents the records produced by the BBC after the programme is broadcast, primarily for business and operational use. The key record created in this way is the Programme-as-Broadcast (abbreviated to PasB and later known as the Programme-as-Completed, PasC). The other production records are scripts or transcripts which include news bulletins.
Production Documentation Radio
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 898 BBC/R/PDR
- Dates of CreationFrom 1922
- Physical Descriptionc1950 bound volumes/files of hard copy PasBs; c1250 microfilm reels of PasBs (Diazo copies of master reels); c4000 microfilm reels of scripts (Diazo duplicates); c32100 microfiche slides of scripts
Scope and Content
The records can be found within the Radio sub-fonds.
Scripts are filed in separate sequences according to the type of programme and the production department.
There is a personal and subject index relating to the national Radio non-drama scripts, which up to 1969 also includes overseas broadcasts.
The Programme-as-Broadcast documents (PasBs) are arranged by service or network and then by transmission date. Not all sequences have been allocated series numbers. For more information see PasB and script descriptions at series level.