Correspondence with Margaret Pilkington, the Honorary Secretary of the Red Rose Guild of Artworkers in Manchester. Comprised of letters from Pilkington and one copy of a letter to Pilkington from Sixsmith. Contents refer to: a talk Pilkington is to give on handicrafts as a part of the 'Thing of Beauty' series, on which she asks Sixsmith's advice; Sixsmith's comments on her ideas, in which he stresses the value of handicrafts as an inspiration for machine industries, and the influence of African and Indian hand weavers on fabric design; her completed talk; other individuals who are taking part in the series; responses to her broadcast.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1330/1/3/3
- Dates of Creation14 Feb-2 Apr 1933
- Physical Description5 pieces; 1330/1/3/3/1 & 2 contain 2 sheets.