The collection is composed of a variety of material in manuscript and typescript form, and the content includes off-prints and other published matter. The collection is of academic material, letters from publishers and societies, and some personal letters, cards and reprographics.
More particularly, there is:
- Margaret Wrong's literacy work and the Remaking of Woman in Africa, 1929-48, by Ruth Compton Brouwer / in Journal of Imperial and Commonwealth History, Vol.23., No.3., pp.427-452. London: Frank Cass (off-print);
- Extended family tree, showing descendants of Henry Brinton, including Emily J. Brinton who married John F. Baird, parents of Emily C. Baird, and transcript of letter from E.M.Wrong to President of Magdalen, Oxford, 25-01-1928;
- Letter relating to Baird material, written London 28-03-1989, together with typescript copy ofChronicle written by Emily Constance Baird in her eighteenth year, 1874. 27pp., and typescript copy ofMy times are in thy hands, a diary, Mary F. Baird. 9pp. 3pp (incomplete?), and second copy, typescript, ofMy times are in thy hands, diary, Mary F. Baird. 9pp. 44pp., and a collection typescript transcripts Baird letters 1877-79. 9pp. (incomplete?) with letter attached, May 29, and a collection typescript transcripts of Baird letters 1877. 19pp. 10pp;
- Letters, manuscript and typescript, Leeds, October 5, North Vancouver, Sept 1988, Overijse, Belgium, 1988, and a collection of copies manuscript letters, 1901-1903, together with letters to Lionel, and letters from Raymond, addressed from: Marshall's Wick, St.Albans / Eaton Grey, Malmesbury, Wilts. / SS China / 20 Cavendish Sq. / Slains Castle, Aberdeenshire / Carnavon / St. Salvator's, St. Andrews / All Souls College, Oxford;
- Copy of Conference Report, The Scottish Records Association, No.14., Sept. 1990,Soldiering through the records, 38pp;
- Incomplete collection of papers, being Charles Wrong writing about Ruari, 1987. 7pp (p.1 missing), and Wrong family letters;
- Typescript letter to Mitchison from Ballinluig, 11-04-1991, about the Parish of Dowally;
- Several sheafs of word-processed material/chapters Scottish history, and assorted manuscript and typescript notes on chapter structure, along with several printed material/reviews ofThe old poor law in Scotland, and notes/chapter notes on poor relief/poor law;
- Collection of letters 1994-2001 mainly about publishing and material, but includes letters to Murdoch Mitchison from Solicitors re: Deed of Variation (Lady Naomi Mitchison) 1999-2000 and material relating to sale of Carradale House, Kintyre, the late home of Naomi Mitchison, also letter relating to health matters, also postcard and Christmas card;
- Assorted letters, business in nature, some relating to subscriptions and donations, assorted letters from publishers re: work on poor law in Scotland, letters about corrections etc;
- Letters relating to reprint of Scottish history workWhy Scottish History Matters, and other letters relating to East Lothian historical society interests;
- Assorted printed matter and letters relating to other interests, and some cards, reprographic (Mitchison at Guislich, October 1998);
- Off-print ofThe making of the old Scottish poor law;
- Assorted letters 1992-2001, chapter notes, word-processed notes.