A group of 34 deeds and legal papers, mainly feoffments and leases, concerning the title of Chandlings Farm. The collection includes a rough sketch plan of the property, early 17th century.
Papers of Chandlings Farm, Kennington
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ch. Berks. 1251-1284
- Dates of Creation1480-1746
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description34 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Chandlings Farm, Kennington, Berkshire (now Oxfordshire).
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was given to the Library by Rev. Professor C.W. Dugmore in 1974.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.