The glass negatives are of geological specimens from various locations.
Glass negatives of geological specimens
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 067/4
- Dates of Creation1949-1951
- Physical Description155 glass negatives, 8 original photographic plate boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
These negatives came from the University of Glasgow's Department of Adult and Continuing Education from Archibald Lamont via Dr James MacDonald, who were both extra-mural tutors in geology in the Department. The negatives were in eight original photographic plate boxes, which have handwritten descriptions of the contents, although some are difficult to read. The negatives have been removed from the boxes and wrapped in acid-free enclosures but the original boxes have been retained for reference.
The negatives were in eight original photographic plate boxes and this arrangement has been retained.