Membership register, 1910-12.
Manchester Brass Founders, Turners, Fitters and Finishers' Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.259/mb
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.259/MB
- Dates of Creation1910-1912
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Formed in 1825, the society merged with nine other bodies to form the Amalgamated Association of Brassfounders, Turners, Fitters, Finishers and Coppersmiths (MSS.259/BF) in 1912.
Reference: J.B. Jeffreys, The story of the engineers.London, 1945 (repr. 1970).
Conditions Governing Access
Access : Open.
The records have been listed as part of the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union archive. An authority file exists for the Manchester Brass Founders, Turners, Fitters and Finishers' Association (GB 152 AAR539).
The archive has been deposited in the Centre on indefinite loan by the Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers. The first deposit consisted of fifteen boxes of early minutes collected by Richard Storey on 1st November 1984. Accruals are listed under the entry for the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union (MSS.259) .