- Newspaper cuttings concerning the two student unions at the University of Glasgow, and the row over mixing the two 1979-1981;
- Various student publications, including, Union handbooks, Glasgow University handbooks, 'The Awful Mag', Queen Margaret broadsheets, and 'Ygorra' 1978-1983;
- Student leaflets publisising student activities undated;
- Dominic D'Angelo's matriculation and Union cards, as well as his membership to the Glasgow University Labour Club undated;
- Photographs of the Queen Margaret Union Board of Management and of the Glasow University production of 'Marat' by the Marquis de Sade 1979-1982.
Papers of Dominic d??Angelo, b.1954, president, Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 DC 168
- Dates of Creation1978-1983
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.13 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dominic d'Angelo was born on on the 5th November 1954 and before attending university, he carried out some youth work in Kenya. He began studying at the University of Glasgow in 1978 . In his first year he took classes in Ordinary Drama, Ordinary Sociology and Ordinary Social and Political Philosophy. In his second year he studied Higher Drama, Ordinary French and Higher Sociology. His third year studies consisted of Junior Honours Drama, Higher and Junior Honours Sociology. He continued French during his final year, and graduated with an MA in 1984 . Dominic was President of the Queen Margaret Union from 1981-1982 , and had previously been editor of the Student Guardian and the Queen Margaret Debates Convenor.Source, SRC Handbook of 1981.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives,ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999 and National Council on Archives,Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Fonds level description created by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 29 October 2004
Lower level description created by Julie Barr, Archive Assistant, 07 February 2008