Papers of Laurence Sulivan, consisting of letters to and from Sulivan.
Papers of Laurence Sulivan
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.b.190-1,c.269-71
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. b. 190-1, c. 269-71
- Dates of Creation1764-1786
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Laurence Sulivan (1713-1786) was director of the British East India Company. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Mrs D. Griffin in 1943.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39637-41.