Six chapters of Smith's memoirs, c1987, relating to his probationer cadetship at Oxford, 1948-1950 and service in Nyasaland, 1950-1961; with curriculum vitae.
Papers of R.E.N. Smith
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.afr.s.2277
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 2277
- Dates of Creationc1987
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description58 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
R.E.N. Smith (b 1922) was educated at the Crypt School, Glos. and at Bristol University, undertaking military service, 1941-1947 (Captain). He was an administrative officer, Nyasaland, from 1950 and was seconded to the New Hebrides, 1961.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of papers without permission. Contact thelibrary in the first instance.