The file contains foreign correspondence primarily concerning the Middle East, including Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, the recruitment of Jewish doctors for the British army, the treatment of enlisted Jewish soldiers and Jewish members of the Palestine Police Force, the movement of Jewish refugees to Cyprus, the anniversary of the Balfour Declaration, and shifting public opinion of the Jewish Agency for Palestine. The file also contains a report on the Jewish populations of France, the Netherlands, and Poland, including demographic estimates. The file also contains an interview with Henry Morgenthau, Jr., the United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 GDN/145/42/501-24
- Dates of Creation11 Oct-23 Dec 1942
- Physical Description24 pieces