Copy of text by Flight Sgt S Byrne on 'The Ferry Flight at Henlow and Cardington' during the period 1935-1939, ND.
BYRNE, Flight Sgt S Byrne (fl 1930-1939)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb99-kclmabyrne
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 99 KCLMA Byrne
- Dates of CreationCovers events 1935-1939
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Served in various RAF fighter and bomber squadrons, 1930-1935; Ferry Pilot, RAF Stations Henlow and Cardington, 1935-1939.
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to signature of reader's undertaking form.
Passed to Air Cdre John Charles Quinnell and presented to the Centre by his family in 1983.
Other Finding Aids
Summary guide available on-line at http://www.kcl.ac.uk/lhcma/top.htm, and in hard copy in the Centre's reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
Copies, subject to the condition of the original, may be supplied for research use only. Requests to publish original material should be submitted to the Trustees of the Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives, attention of the Director of Archive Services.
Location of Originals
Imperial War Museum.