- East District Local Health Council annual reports, 1985–1988;
- Greater Glasgow Health Council minutes, agendas, reports and publications, 1991–2005;
- Northern District Local Health Council annual reports, 1984–1985;
- South East District Local Health Council minutes, 1987–1991 and annual reports, 1983–1991;
- West District Local Health Council minutes, 1975–1991 and annual reports, 1975–1990.
Records of Local Health Councils, administrative health bodies, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 812 HB80
- Dates of Creation1975-1991
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.30 meters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Local Health Councils were established as part of the National Health Service reorganisation of 1974 "to represent the interests of the public". In Glasgow the boundaries of the Councils coincided with those of the Greater Glasgow Health Board Districts. In the early 1990s all of the District Local Health Councils in the city were amalgamated to form a single Greater Glasgow Local Health Council.
Arranged by series.
Conditions Governing Access
Administrative records are subject to a 30 year closure period. Please contact the Archivist for more information.
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised in accordance with standard GB 812 procedures.
No further accurals expected.