14 postcards, including three bas-relief cards of Kitchener, Jellicoe and French (August 1914-August 1918); Langensalza POW (Prisoner of War) camp theatre programme (30 August 1917); Manuscript visitors' comment book for Besch Chinar Camp, Salonika (1918-1919); ca. 50 press cuttings (6 February 1913-1 November 1916, nd); Home Office pamphlet 'Anti-Gas Protection of Babies and Young Children' (1939); Booklet "Two Hundred War-Time Recipes" (1941); 45 miscellaneous First and Second World War cloth badges and insignia (nd); ca. 10 badges and medals (1897-1919, nd).
George Nairne papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 046
- Dates of Creation1897-1941
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, postcards, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes numerous badges and medals.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
George Herbert Nairne was a Private, 2nd/9th Battalion, Durham Light Infantry, serving in Salonika.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by F. Beardsell.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available