14 postcards, including three bas-relief cards of Kitchener, Jellicoe and French (August 1914-August 1918); Langensalza POW (Prisoner of War) camp theatre programme (30 August 1917); Manuscript visitors' comment book for Besch Chinar Camp, Salonika (1918-1919); ca. 50 press cuttings (6 February 1913-1 November 1916, nd); Home Office pamphlet 'Anti-Gas Protection of Babies and Young Children' (1939); Booklet "Two Hundred War-Time Recipes" (1941); 45 miscellaneous First and Second World War cloth badges and insignia (nd); ca. 10 badges and medals (1897-1919, nd).
George Nairne papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 046
- Dates of Creation1897-1941
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, postcards, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes numerous badges and medals.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
George Herbert Nairne was a Private, 2nd/9th Battalion, Durham Light Infantry, serving in Salonika.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by F. Beardsell.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available