- MS 1372/1-4;D Letters (4) to Sarah (sister), -1845 [Account of early stages of British Naval Expedition, 1839-1843 (to Antarctica), appointment to British Naval Northwest Passage Expedition, 1845-1848 and early stages of that expedition] 16 leaves, holograph
- MS 248/364/1-26;D Letters (26) to James Clark Ross, 7 July 1827 to 19 July 1845 [Regarding the Antarctic expedition, 1839-1843, personal matters regarding Sophia Cracroft, mention of Sir John and Lady Franklin, last letters regarding the British Naval Northwest Passage Expedition, 1845-1848] 27 leaves, holograph
- MS 1226/8;D Letter to James Clark Ross,  [Regarding his recovery from illness] 1 leaf, holograph
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Francis Crozier/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation7 July 1827 to 19 July 1845
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 31 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence covers Crozier's experiences during two expedition's, the British Naval Expedition, 1839-1843 (leader James Clark Ross) to the Antarctic and the British Naval Northwest Passage Expedition, 1845-1848 (leader Sir John Franklin). The correspondence also encompasses personal matters.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.