Papers of Sir Thomas Erskine Holland relating to Alberico Gentili (1552-1608).
Papers of Sir Thomas Erskine Holland
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. c. 125-6; Ital. c. 20
- Dates of Creation1874-1919
- Language of MaterialEnglish, French, and Italian.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Thomas Erskine Holland (1835-1926) was a jurist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by Sir Thomas in 1926.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43564-6.