Eleven notebooks compiled by John Rushton on various Catholic and Nonconformist churches and chapels in Lancashire and Cheshire.
The contents of the notebooks are as follows:
- 1: Notes on dissent in Lancashire, concerning churches and chapels of Papists, Unitarians, Independents, Baptists, Moravians, Quakers, Methodists, etc.; some paper cuttings; miscellaneous notes; 64 folios, the remainder blank;
- 2: Ecclesiastical Commission papers, printed, with manuscript notes; miscellaneous notes; copies of letters, etc.;
- 3: Statutes relating to ecclesiastical institutions, printed, with manuscript notes, lists of dissenting chapels, etc.;
- 4: As 3;
- 5: Licensed chapels, tithes commuted under 6-7 Will. 4, c. 71, Queen Anne's Bounty, printed and manuscript;
- 6: Lancashire churches, population, etc., manuscript lists;
- 7: Lancashire and Cheshire churches, manuscript lists;
- 8-11: Interleaved portions of F.R. Raine's edition of Francis Gastrell, Notitia Cestriensis: or historical notices of the diocese of Chester, Chetham Society, vols 8, 19, 21 and 22 (1845-50), with manuscript notes on churches in Lancashire, consecrations and rebuildings.