From Orville Dewey to John Relly Beard, dated at New York. Dewey writes to say that he has submitted Beard's proposal to the Unitarian bookseller in New York and not having received a satisfactory response, wrote to one of the leading houses in the trade in Boston. Their reply was that due to the expenses involved they would have to decline, but would be willing to accept a few copies and would ensure they were well advertised. Dewey writes he had thought of doing the same with a bookseller in London. Dewey concludes by writing of a letter that Beard is expecting and of a friend that will soon visit Manchester.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 UCC/ 2/39/1
- Dates of Creation22 Apr 1845
- Physical Description1 sheet