From John R. Beard, addressed to 'My dear Sir', asking the recipient to lay before the committee the offer made by Mr. Sharpe (above). Suggests that parties paying £3 a year should have the right to send a student for examination. Encloses letter from D. Davidson [not present]. Asks recipient to correspond with Sharpe. Says that he is continually receiving requests for ministers and missionaries, meanwhile 'persons totally unprepared are constantly entering our ministry'. Discusses a student's progress and the holding of future examinations. Mentions a paper he has sent for the Committee's consideration.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 UCC/1/3/2/2
- Dates of Creation10 Nov 1855
- Physical Description1 piece