Three bundles of documents:
I. Letters and Notes and c. 1750-1791:
- Memoranda by Franklin Baker for history of Chapel including list of manuscripts in his possession, with account of Hulton Trust and c.
- Plan for management of Chapel Affairs (18th century).
- Names of Members willing to double cost of seats, Nov 1, 1789.
- List of his books written by Thomas Dixon (1721-84), with notes by R. Brook Aspland, June 18, 1847.
- Letter: D. Horsfield Cherwell, July 8, 1750, to Robert Taylor containing account of death of Rev Hohn Buck and directions for his funeral.
- Letter: Joseph Mottershead [pencil addition: 'not'], Manchester, July 10, 1750, to Robert Taylor regretting inability to attend funeral of Mr. Buck.
- Letter: Samuel Taylor, Manchester, July 10, 1750 to Robert Taylor, Bolton recommending Josiah Owen, Rochdale to Bolton congregation.
- Letter: S. Dawson to Rev Samuel Bourn, Bolton 1750 presenting claims of Josiah Owen to Bolton pulpit.
- Letter: Joseph Mottershead to James Woods, Chowbent, vindicating himself from charges of prejudicing Bolton congregation against Mr Milnes.
- Letter: Robt Taylor to ? 1751 on invitation to Cordingley after Milnes declined invitation.
- Letter of member of congregation, 1754, after death of Thomas Dixon respecting method of electing minister, with reference to candidates.
- 1Letter: R. Hamilton, Manchester, Dec 6, 1754, recommending Mr Haskins to congregation.
- Plan for choosing a minister, 1754.
- Letter: Dr Thomas Dawson, Dunstable, 20 May, 1755, declining invitation to Bolton.
- Letter: Peter Russell, London, Dec 26, 1766, declining to come to Bolton as assistant in Rev Philip Holland's school.
- Letter: T. Baron to Dr Taylor, Bolton, September 4, 1782, respecting his stay at Buxton.
II. Letters, Statement of Expenses and Subscription to Organ 1791.
III. Correspondence and other items:
- Dr Taylor's Address to Congregation, 1808, about the house of Adam (bell-ringer and c. ) and the building of the school, vestry and c.
- 3 Letters: Dr B. Taylor to Franklin Baker n.d.
- Brief for Collection in aid of Church Aston Chapel, Salop, 1824.
- 2 MS Vols. First containing Lists of Congregation, 1823, 38, 42, 43, 44, 48. Names Addresses, Families, and Occupations. Second for 1850- also of Moor Lane Chapel.
- List of trustees 1863, with notice respecting election by Seatholders.
- Notices from Somerset House respecting Marriage Act 1856. Two letters respecting Registers, 1857, and Notice relating to Registers.
- Memorial to Rev Franklin Baker for evening instead of afternoon service signed by 124 members.
- Printed copies of letters: F. Baker to Robt Heywood, Oct 9, 1863; Robert Heywood to F. Baker, Oct 16, 1863, acknowledging same; and Address adopted by congregation and presented to Franklin Baker on his resignation.
- Pencil sketch of new chapel and summons to a meeting of Building committee, 1852.