This is a collection of 16 silver and bronze medals which have been awarded by several colleges and societies for a variety of years/sessions, including:
- Edinburgh Veterinary College: and its medals awarded: 1843-44; 1853; 1856-57
- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College: its medals awarded: 1893-94; 1897-98; 1900; 1900-1901; 1901-1902
- New Veterinary College: medals awarded: 1881; 1896-97; 1902
- Edinburgh Veterinary Medical Society: awarded: 1882
- Edinburgh Veterinary Medical Association: 1893-94; 1901-1902
Detail on the medals, which all differ, includes: engraving; rings or loops for hanging; bi-convex form; and decoration such as coats-of-arms; horse heads, scrolls, floral framing, cockerel, and Androcles and the Lion.
The medals were awarded to: John Barlow; W.K.Barron; Peter Braid; E.J.Burndred; T.H.Carter; C.J.Christie; W.R.Davies; W.T.Dunstan; F.H.Leech; John Morris; John O.Peet; J.Robertson; T.Scotson; and, Tom Walker.