Contains prose, dramatic pieces, and 142 poems, mostly anonymous, but including 10 by Robert Southwell and 17 by Josuah Sylvester.
Commonplace-book of English verse, drama, and prose by various authors, including Robert Southwell and Josuah Sylvester
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 91
- Dates of Creationca. 1601-1700
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (179 ff.), manuscript. Mainly written in a single hand, but with later additions in other hands. Worn and damaged. Bound with dark brown leather on boards with a light pink paper dust-jacket.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this miscellany is unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased in Sotheby's sale, lot 13, on 15 December 1988.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt91