Journal, 1774-1778, of Elinor Goddard (née Shuldham, referred to as Lucy Goddard in Eva Mary Bell's The Hamwood Papers), recording mainly events of personal interest, including the attempts by Lady Eleanor Butler and Sarah Ponsonby to escape from their homes in Ireland during April 1778 (ff. 56-60).
Journal of Elinor Goddard
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 22993A [RESTRICTED ACCESS]
- Dates of Creation1774-1778
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish English.
- Physical Descriptioni, 65 ff. ; 160 x 100 mm.
Vellum binding, with blind-stamped double fillet.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Access to the original manuscript by authorised permission only. Readers are directed to use surrogate copies.
Title based on contents.
Alternative Form Available
Available on microfilm at the Library (NLW Film 1003).