A volume, 1800-1835, containing poems and quotations in English, French, German and Italian, and drawings in pencil, ink and watercolour, all in various hands, compiled for Camilla Blachford, apparently sister-in-law of the poet Mary Tighe, and distantly related to Sarah Ponsonby. The poetry includes autograph poems by Mary Tighe ('A faithful friend is the medicine of life', f. 2 recto-verso) and Thomas Moore ('Love's Album, to Mrs Blachford', ff. 70-71 verso), both containing variants to the published versions.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 22983B [RESTRICTED ACCESS]
- Dates of Creation1800-1835
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish French German Italian English, French, German, Italian.
- Physical Descriptionii, 150 ff. (ff. 105 verso-145 verso blank) ; 185 x 115 mm.
Vellum over boards with gold tooling; bound upside down.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Access to the original manuscript by authorised permission only. Readers are directed to use surrogate copies.
Title based on contents.
Alternative Form Available
Available on microfilm at the Library (NLW Film 1002).
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Many leaves cut away.