Press cutting from the Daily Mail of map showing Zeppelin and aeroplane bombs dropped in London (31 Jan. 1919); 3 photographs (n.d.); 2 letters to her brother, Guy Bidlake, 2nd Lieutenant, 17th Corps Signal Company, Royal Engineers (20 Sep. 1916); Book, awarded as Reigate High School prize for Scripture, Footprints of the Son of Man by Herbert Mortimer Luckock (1902); Manuscript cookery book, compiled by her mother (1907).
Margaret Bidlake papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection DF 012
- Dates of Creation1902-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, photographs, a press cutting, and printed material
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Margaret Bidlake was educated at Reigate High School. One of her brothers, H. C. K. Bidlake, 2nd Lieutenant and Acting Captain, 9th Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment, was killed in action in Mesopotamia, 1917.
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Miss Elizabeth A. Forbes (niece). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Domestic Front catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available