Includes details of the principal scenes, characters and thematic content of each episode.
The episodes have been given the following titles:
1) "Fancy's Child (1576-1583)". Relating to "Shakespeare's boyhood and youth."
2) "The Upstart Crow (1587-1592)". Relating to "Shakespeare's escape from the confines of Stratford and the prison of his stifling marriage."
3) "Fair Friend (1592-1594)". Relating to "the start of the second great emotional relationship of Shakespeare's life", that with the Earl of Southampton.
4) "O, Mistress Mine (1594-1596)". Will experiences renewed emotional turmoil due to his burgeoning relationship with the "dark lady" of his sonnets.
5) "Not without Right (1596-1598)". Following his son, Hamnet's, death, Will is thrown into despair.
For a further draft of episodes 1-5, see AB/ARCH/A/SHA/2. For overviews of episodes 6-10, see AB/ARCH/A/SHA/3.