Photographs in this series record Burgess's personal and professional life in a variety of settings (domestic and otherwise) in countries such as America, Italy, Malaya (now Malaysia), Monaco, and the UK. They include informal gatherings of friends and family, family holidays and celebrations, such as Burgess and Liana's wedding-day, along with Burgess's professional appearances at book signings, premieres, and various television interviews. Among those photographed alongside Burgess are his first wife, Lynne; his widow, Liana; their son, Andrew Burgess-Wilson; and friends and collaborators, such as Rafael Alberti, Jean Michel Jarre, Charlotte Rampling and Stanley Silverman.
The collection includes photographs of
1) Burgess's childhood and youth, 1917-1943
2) Liana, her mother, sister and other family members and friends, 1940s-1960s
3) Burgess and Lynne in Malaysia (now Malaya), 1954-1957. (Approximately 48 of these images have been annotated by Lynne).
4) Burgess and Lynne in Oxfordshire and Etchingham (East Sussex), 1950-1954, 1960-1968
5) rehearsals and back-stage photographs relating to the opening of Cyrano the musical at the Palace Theater in New York, and to the concert performance of King Oedipus, for Speaker, Chorus, and Orchestra, at the Whitney Museum in New York, 1973
6) Burgess and family relaxing at home in America, Italy and Monaco, 1970s