Photographer: Araujo NETTO.
Burgess (and Andrew Burgess-Wilson) at (and in the immediate vicinity of) the Piazza Santa Cecilia in Rome
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3104 AB/ARCH/F/1/42
- Former ReferenceGB 3104 5.15 (AB.P.4.70); P11 (AB.P.4.156); U1; U2; U3; U4; U5; AB.P.4.45; AB.P.4.46AB.P.4.67
- Dates of Creation1970s
- Physical Description12 photographic prints. Dimensions (inches): 2 (7x5); 9 (9.5x7); 1 (12x9.5). [Black and white]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
For several years in the early 1970s, Burgess and his family rented an apartment at 16A Piazza Santa Cecilia in the Trastevere district of Rome. When writing his novel Beard's Roman Women in 1976, Burgess used his own apartment as one of the locations.