Personal correspondence sent to Lady Rita Mallalieu which includes: letters sent from Captains of HMS Hermione, which she had launched in 1967, concerning news of the ship and arranging for her to visit; two letters from Michael Foot regarding parties that they had attended; a letter from Mike Shaw of the Huddersfield Examiner thanking Lady Mallalieu for her letter and recalling memories of working with 'Bill' (Joesph Percival William Mallalieu) as journalists; a letter from [Paddy?] thanking Rita for her 'kindly thought in coming along to Pompey' and hoping that she will accept the cigarette box that he sent as a token of his thanks; and a letter sent by her grandaughter Sophie regarding a premium bonds win and enquiring about purchasing her grandmother's car. The file also contains a change of address card for Lady Mallalieu.
Various personal correspondence
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1103 JPM/3/5/3
- Dates of Creation21 Jul 1947- 1990s
- Physical Description11 items
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
These records contain personal data relating to living individuals. The original may be made available for individual consultation if the following terms have been met:
- the Heritage Quay supervisor is satisfied that the researcher is consulting the records for historical research purposes only and will not cause substantial damage or distress to any subject of the records
- the researcher has been alerted to the Data Protection principles that they must follow
- the researcher has signed a Researcher Undertaking form
It may be possible to provide a redacted copy of a record if certain sections contain data that is not suitable for production.
Ask the archivist responsible for the collection, or senior member of staff, if you have any Data Protection concerns around making these records accessible.